Thursday, June 28, 2007

Tour de Portland

The bikes are unpacked ready to go for the west coast trek, so we decided to run some errands and take a bike ride through Portland.

Stopped by the bike store and found a chain ring I desperately needed and bought actual bike rack attachments as opposed to the macguyver setup I currently have. One less thing to worry about along the trip.

We are concerned about our tent and almost bought a new one today. The tent is very narrow and as un-waterproof as you can get. We're going to see if we can find a ground tarp since getting quality sleep is going to be an important part of the trip.

My stubbornness led me to buy a mini spatula becaused I am determined to make pancakes for breakfast. But we still have to buy a pan and pack a small bottle of oil. Maybe I'm being too ambitious, but I've always had a need find things out for myself.

Almost two hours on the bike while touring Portland, and we're hoping to get some swimming in before the end of the day. Everyone in Portland is just the way I expected... friendly and interesting. People actually say hi/give a nod when you walk/bike/run by them.

Besides my sixteen hour trip from Baltimore to Portland, only good things to report so far.

1 comment:

tanner said...

gave tremper my best.. you boys stay save!!!